Your manuscript is submitted for publication by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The
Ejournal Coordinator (Dr. Bill Stout, Past President of CIGR) checks the manuscript for proper format and conformance with
Submission Instructions, acknowledges receipt and assigns a manuscript
The manuscript is then forwarded to the appropriate Associate Editors (CIGR Section Chair or the designated Section Editor)
who selects 3 or more qualified reviewers. The manuscript is forwarded by email to each reviewer who is asked to confirm his or her willingness
to perform the review in a timely manner (within one month if possible). The Ejournal Coordinator is given the names (and
email addresses) of the reviewers and tracks the review to make sure that it moves ahead as rapidly as possible.
In addition to reviewers selected by CIGR, authors are also asked to submit names and email addresses of 3 or more
Reviewers are encouraged to use the “track changes” feature of MS Word to make comments in the text or to suggest detailed
modifications(under “Tools”, “Track Changes”). If you use "track change", please remove your name by going to "Tools," Options,
User Info tab, Name - blank, Initials - blank.
Guidelines for Reviewers
(Please return lower part of this form to email@example.com)
- The Ejournal Coordinator checks the manuscript for conformance with the style and format as specified in the Submission Instructions.
- Reviewers should check overall quality, scientific merit, presentation, quality of English, and spelling and grammar.
- Return the manuscript to the Ejournal Coordinator with a copy to the Section Chair (or designated Section Editor) with one of the following recommendations:
- publish without change
- publish with minor improvements(give details)
- publish with major revisions(give details)
The Ejournal Coordinator will consider the recommendations of the reviewers, will consult with the Editor-in-Chief and will
forward the comments anonymously to the author along with a consensus recommendation. The author(s) will make appropriate
revisions and resubmit the manuscript to the Ejournal Coordinator.
When the Ejournal Coordinator is satisfied that the manuscript meets the CIGR quality standards, a recommendation to publish
the manuscript will be made to the Editor-in-Chief, Dr. Lingjuan Wang.
Following approval of the Editor-in-Chief, the manuscript will be published in the CIGR Ejournal. A footer will be added to
each page of the manuscript stating the volume number and the official name of the Ejournal (Agricultural Engineering
International: the CIGR Ejournal). A paper copy of the manuscript will be mailed to the author with a cover letter from the
Editor-in-Chief stating that the manuscript has been published in the peer reviewed Ejournal of CIGR.
Periodically (probably annually) all published technical manuscripts and invited overview papers will be put on a CD and sent
to several key libraries around the world for permanent archiving.
Guidelines for the Reviewing of Manuscripts
(Please complete and return to the Ejournal Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Manuscript Number: ____________________
- Does the manuscript have the potential to expand the fundamental knowledge in its specific area?
- Is the manuscript scientifically sound?
- Is the investigator(s) cognizant of past work?
- Does the manuscript thoroughly evaluate all necessary avenues of the study?
- Are the objectives clear and logical?
- Are the methodologies, designs, and analytical techniques appropriate, adequate, and completely described?
- Are the conclusions objective, significant, and sound based on the findings of the investigator?
- Does the manuscript reflect originality and ingenuity in its appropriate field?
Overall Quality and Content
- Does the title depict the nature of the study?
- Have appropriate keywords been selected?
- Does the summary adequately describe the study in a clear, concise manner?
- Is the manuscript well written and organized?
- Is the paper adequately referenced and the reference style consistent?
- Are any tables, charts, figures, or other graphical representations used necessary, correctly used and analyzed, and easily interpreted by the reader?
- Can any part of the manuscript be shortened or omitted without loss of scientific content?
Please note any general strengths and weaknesses of the manuscript here, along with any other comments you might have.
In your opinion, is this manuscript:
- Publishable without revision?
- Publishable with minor revisions?
- Publishable with major revisions?
- Reject (give reasons)
Reviewed By: ______________________________
(Name of reviewer will be removed before forwarding to authors.)